COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Safety Precautions as We Resume Our Regular Schedule
We are excited to be back as of March 26th with some limited access and regular schedule as of June 8th! We missed you all!
We thought we would send a quick note with a short video to help make you aware of some new procedures that we put in place in order to mitigate the risk of COVID exposure. Safety for all is of utmost importance.
As a summary of our procedures:
- a wellness letter will be sent to you prior to your appointment. Please fill it out and send it to us as soon as possible.
- when you arrive for your appointment we ask that you text us or call us at 973-635-0626
- to minimize person to person interaction, we ask that you remain in your vehicle until we are ready to see you. Only the patient will be allowed in the office (unless the patient needs a companion, such as a parent or guardian)
- when you approach the building, you will encounter a checkpoint at the entrance where your temperature and pulse oximetry will be checked.
- we ask that you and anyone accompanying you, wear a face covering. If you don’t have access to a mask one will be provided for you. Please wear this mask (or face covering of your choice) while in the office and take it off only during your dental procedure.
There will be some other noticeable changes in our office:
- we installed protective shields at the front desk
- our reception area is also free of any magazines, coffee maker and water dispenser – this minimizes the materials that others touch and surfaces that we need to clean
- we reduced the waiting room seating so that if someone is accompanying you, they can still sit 6 feet apart from someone else
- we have also implemented the use of HEPA air filtration systems in each treatment room and throughout the office
- we added extra oral suction systems to aid in the high volume removal of droplets and aerosols that are associated with dental treatment
- We will look a little different as we will be wearing the proper PPE as per CDC and ADA guidelines. We are ready to make you SMILE! A good friend of mine told me: “People can tell you are smiling even if you are smiling under a mask… they can see it in your eyes!” I believe this to be quite true.
In the treatment room, again, you will see that there are minimal things on the surfaces.
- as I mentioned earlier, we ask that you wear your mask at all times, except, of course, for your dental procedure.
- after you make yourself comfortable in the chair, you will be asked to rinse with a 1% peroxide rinse.
- once your procedure is done, we will ask that you put your mask back on and remain with it on as you exit the treatment room and subsequently the building.
We now have an easy way to text you your bill and you have the option to pay online. Of course, we still accept checks and credit cards in the office. Whatever works best for you. We’re trying to make things easier and less contact for everyone!
Hope this was informative! We want to thank you for your understanding as we travel these unchartered waters… it may take us longer to get you back in our schedule…. We added some extra days and hours to accommodate the need for more time spent with each patient in a safe environment.
Our masks keep us safe but make it difficult to speak for long periods of time. Please excuse us if we don’t talk as much as in the past 🙂
Additionally, you will see a minimal fee for PPE added to your bill during this time. Hope you understand for this need. Certain insurance companies are covering this fee. We encourage you all to dispute it with your individual ins companies if it is not.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are excited to reopen and we are looking forward to seeing you!
You can reach us via phone or text 973-635-0626 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll keep you updated here as well as on Facebook and Instagram.
Be safe everyone! Continue to wash your hands, wear masks in public and practice social distancing.
See you soon!
Dr. Atanase and Team